Monday, October 4, 2010

Another weekend, another dollar...

We were at the farmer's market again yesterday. The vendor turnout was amazing:) It was super cold though, and many people who showed up to shop just quickly shuffled past each table and left to the warm confines of their vehicles. We were only going to do this the one weekend, but we did so much better then expected, and the table was generously donated to us by the market, that we decided to go back again, and again. I love being there and being a part of it. I think that market is a great idea, and the quality is much better then I have seen in past attempts to host something similar. The organizers this time around have a vision, and as part of this community I like it and appreciate their hard work to see it.

Again, I highly recommend that everyone in the area stop by. The vendor list has been similar, but different every weekend that we have been there, and from the weekend before that (when we scoped it out). With Christmas coming up (yep, it will be here before you know it), please consider stopping by for some ideas and some gifts to cross off your list.

We will not be there next weekend, although it would probably be good for us it we were. But we have out of town Thanksgiving plans. We will be back the weekend after that, at which point we may have to decided if it is worth our hard work to be there. Mike & I are working hard to fund this adoption, and we greatly appreciate all of the help that many have given us along the way. But with Mike working all week, and then frequently on Saturdays (sometimes to bring in a little extra, he is usually helping others and not working so it often doesn't bring anything in), and then me spending Sunday at the market, we are not getting any quality time as a family all together before everything changes. I can tell you that if we were paying for a table at the market, we would not be making enough to be there....which loosely translates into "Should we be there?" Every penny helps, but I wonder it there is not a way to be working smarter, because I don't know how much harder there is when it comes to the market.

I am working on an idea.....a pennies from heaven type of idea. I would need volunteers though, and it is boarding on something that I said I won't do..... Perhaps not such a good idea then..... I'll have to think about it a little longer. I do have a couple of ideas, but I'm not sure how they would be received and again, they would require volunteers. Some days I wish that our timeline wasn't as it is. I come up with these GREAT ideas, but they would need so much of my crazy planning, that I wouldn't be able to put them together until next spring. And I have been told that we should be home by then, so that's out. Some of you may think, "Well, that's your own fault now isn't it". Because this is adoption, it is a choice, and we are creating this choice in the way that it is playing out. My reality is that it was our choice, our choice to move forward in an adoption. But once we committed to the idea, and then found our child (which we NEVER expected to happen), well there is always a choice, but we are not the people who choose to turn our back on our children. She is there, she is waiting, and the time is ticking and not in her favour. We must move quickly to help her, and to save her from what awaits her. If your child was waiting for you, at school, at a friends house, stuck somewhere calling you from a pay phone, wouldn't you jump up to go and get them. To bring them home, to make them safe, to let them know that you are there and that you love them. Well, that's it for us. She does not know that we are coming for her, or who we are, but she WANTS to leave, she WANTS to have a family of her own, she is waiting for someone to show up and pick her, to love her....

Thinking, planning, and trying to fiure it all out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment