Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's the small things...

I can't believe how undeniably excited I get when I see the number of followers on my blog go up. I mean there is only 18 people there, but each and every time a new person has shown up, I get so happy and excited. And then on the odd occasion, someone comments on one of my long, crazy, and rambling post, and I can't believe that someone has taken the time to not only read what I have written, but to share and comment on it as well.... I know, I'm a nut;) Some times I think about putting a counter on the blog, so I can see how many people have stopped by, but I think I would be crazy and start checking it all of the time, and then wondering why people were not reading my posts, if the number was low.... again, I little bit of a nut!

Over the last couple of days I have added many new friends on facebook, and I have been so moved and touched by how many people have commented on Kameron, and the fact that they had considered if they were the right family for her or not.... The feeling to know that she had not just been passed over, that there were many who had seen her, thought of her, prayed for her, loved her, and prayer for us to come forward to bring her home.... THANK YOU, to all of you. We always welcome and appreciate your love and prayers, but to be told and to know that you are all out there is priceless.

Tonight I am compelled to share the little things that make my day, maybe it is because it's Thanksgiving here, and we celebrated with my husbands family tonight without his uncle for the first time, and without Destiny a year later. Maybe it is because I have become so immersed in the world and life of orphanages, special needs orphanages in particular and am changing (for the better). I am thankful for all that I have, for who I am, and for those who I get to share my life with. I am happy that I am able to find joy in the small things, that I am blessed to see these things as the gifts that they are.

Love, light, and blessing.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone:-)

1 comment:

  1. Now you are up to 19 ;) I have to admit that I like to see my numbers go up by followers to. :)

    ReplyDelete