Friday, January 28, 2011

It's the small things

There are many things that happen in a day. Everyone once in a while one of those things slams into your heart and mind and you are reminded that it is the little things that make life so wonderful. As a parent of a very delayed child you get to learn this quickly and you see if often (thought often it is not frequent enough). It is very sad how quickly we can forget this, from moment to moment and day to day.

Sometimes it is hard to wait for the "main attraction". We all get impatient sometimes, wanting to skip all of the prep and waiting time to just get to the good part. Missing out on or skipping that small things all together. We are NO different. We have been dreaming about bringing Miss K home since June of last year. We have been working on and planning an international adoption since the spring of 2003. We have thought about adopting children into our home since before we were married in 2000. And I have dreamed about being a Mum to many little ones since I was VERY young. So things such as waiting for over 2 months for the Ontario ministry to approve our homestudy and missing the fall cut off date for submitting our dossier to Miss K's country, were a cross between excruciating, and falling back into that feeling that maybe one day far far away from now our adoption dream may come true.

Well, guess what! Our approval did come in. Our paperwork did actually fly over the ocean and is in her country right now. Immigration is finally and actually working on our paperwork. And this adoption, well, it is finally going to happen!

I get to celebrate with my RR family daily as I watch other families reaching and complete the various different steps in their adoption process. I love getting to see progress everyday. With such a large community the small things add up pretty quickly, and the RR world can be a very magical place to be. It is so exciting to be able to experience all of this with them, and I am honoured that these families share their lives with me in that way:)

Yesterday was MY day. I learned that our dossier is translated and ready to go (for the most part), that the list of problems I received in regards to it have ALL been addressed already and will be on their way to office manager who holds all of my papers right now by the end of next week. I learnt that a certain pcs of paper that has been causing me MUCH stress, although still needing to be corrected, is not as important as I have been worrying about for the last 6 months. I learnt that I do not have to send extra money to our agency that I thought that they needed to hold in trust for us, for years, $1500 that we do NOT need to find, YEAH! I learned that we will be able to complete some post adoption paperwork ourselves and not have to pay someone to do this (again more money saved). And in 2 weeks our paperwork should be submitted in Miss K's country. Once that happens, we should know when we are allowed to travel.

Wow, us traveling to the other side of the ocean. Meeting our newest daughter. Growing our family. Completing our adoption.... SO EXCITING, YET SO SCARY! Can't believe how real it's becoming:)

We still have TONS of stuff that we have to complete before we travel. We would love to know who's all out there standing behind us, so please do let us know. We appreciate your kind positive thoughts, your prayers, your love, your comments and your support!

Love & Hugs

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!! We are standing behind you and are happy to do what we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God....Praying for you and rejoicing in this progress with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your heart, I love being able to witness,to feel the love you have for your daughter growing more and more every day. You are gonna be such a good momma to Miss K and we, my friend, are so blessed to be here with you, cheering you on, supporting you, loving you, crying tears of sadness, tears of joy, covering you and your family in prayer, every step of the way. I can't wait to see how your story unfolds, I can't wait to see the miracle that is Miss K.

    Love finds a way,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete